Youâ€™ve just gotten your lashes done and youâ€™re absolutely thrilled at the results. It looks like you were born with perfectly long and styled lashes and you want them to look like this forever. So here are a few tips to keep lashes looking their best for as long as possible…simply follow these 5 steps:
- Â Stay away from oil:Â Why keep oils away from your lashes? When oils get into contact with the eyelash adhesive, it breaks down is staying power and lifts the extensions off the natural lash.
- Brush Lashes: Brushing lashes is a must to keep your set looking its best. Brushing daily with a clean mascara wand, separates the lashes and allows them to fall into place especially after a shower or any time you get them wet. Â Brushing also helps rid you lashes of lint, dust and some powdered makeup
- Cleanse lashes: You were probably advised to be gentle with your extensions, but please donâ€™t neglect them. Cleaning your lashes is REALLY important and is rarely spoken about. If your lashes are not cleaned regularly, you run the risk of dirt and debris sitting on the lashes which can compromise the bond as well as the overall health of your natural lashes and the eye area. Cleansing, also removes oils from clogging pores. UseÂ a gentle cleanser and delicately wash your lashes, Â follow with a thorough rinse.
- Use a Coating Sealant: A coating sealant that is applied to the extensions a couple of times a week is another step you can take to add some longevity to your set. Coating Sealants contain coating ingredients link Polyvinyl alcohol and Acrylates Copolymer, that create a protective barrier around the extensions and natural lash. This barrier, repels moisture, dirt and oilâ€¦some of the â€˜badâ€™ things for your lashes. A quick application note, we donâ€™t recommend using the sealant directly following an application. Wait a few days and apply sparingly every 2 to 3 days.
- Use contoured sleep mask: Although some of us may lay like sleeping beauty when sleeping, I think itâ€™s safe to say that most of us move around, tummy sleep and rub our face into the pillow and sometimes even rub our eyes while in slumber. Contoured sleep masks can help protect your lashes. The contour wonâ€™t crush your lashes or restrict eye movement.
So there you have it. Show your lashes some love and they will love you back ;)